Sticking centers again

Dan Eumurian cen09460@centuryinter.net
Thu, 24 Sep 1998 06:59:37 -0600

Esteemed list:

	Having done a little homework, I'll venture to reopen the question of
sticking jacks on a small Samick grand, almost new. It went through some
high humidity this summer when the air conditioning in the business went
down. Around 20 jacks are sticking, apparently wood against wood. I've
installed Dampp-Chaser dehumidifiers under the soundboard and keybed, a
15 watt just under the jacks, and a humidistat.

	I have on hand a plastic bottle with narrow steel tip, isopropyl
rubbing alcohol 70%, ethyl alcohol 70%, and Garfield center pin
lubricant. My questions are: 1) Which alcohol, if either? 2) How much
water? 3) Would Garfield's be better? I know I'll want to use a hair
dryer or let it sit 24 hours, and may have to repin. The work will be
covered by warranty, and the dealer is willing to replace the action if
necessary. TIA.

	BTW, I checked archive PT 054-96 at
http://www.webcom.com/wind/ptsearch.html

Dan Eumurian, R.P.T.
Just starting to see the fall colors in…
La Crosse, WI :-)