A New One

Elian Degen degen@telcel.net.ve
Thu, 24 Sep 1998 11:57:11 -0400

Avery,

My policy always has been a small discount for the teacher, going up to even
free tunings if she/he sent me enough students, but I have never been asked
for massive discounts.

I agree with you.

You won´t be loosing anything good. believe me.

Elian Degen
Piano Tuner and Technician
Caracas, Venezuela  degen@telcel.net.ve
Phone 58-2-748547/ 58-14-9222981 Fax 58-2-748547

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Avery Todd <atodd@UH.EDU>
Para: pianotech@ptg.org <pianotech@ptg.org>
Fecha: Jueves, 24 de Septiembre de 1998 12:46 p.m.
Asunto: A New One

List,

   I just finished a phone call with a piano teacher who asked if I would
give a discount (group rate) if she referred all her students to me. In
the past, I've given small discounts to multiple piano situations and
occasionally to teachers, but this one wanted a discount for all her
students too. Unbelievable.
   That's the first time I've been asked for a discount since I've been in
Houston. Most of the people I've tuned for were more interested in good
work than saving a few dollars. That's one black hole I'm not going to get
into
again.
   Just my opinion.

Avery (venting a little)