Samicks pianos

Glenn rockymtn@sprynet.com
Thu, 24 Sep 1998 22:59:14 -0600

>Hi to everyone:
>
>I've noticed a bit of bashing of the Samick lately. I just thought I'd
>put in a plug for them.

>Jim Coleman, sr.

Hi Jim and All.

A long time tuner and a friend of mine gets all bent when I tell him I
recommended a Samick to a family that wanted a nice grand for 5 or 6
thousand.  He is not a member of this list.  He tells me how the people who
manufacture these pianos are treated.  He goes on to say how much they hate
Americans.  He says their government refuses to accept many (if any) US made
products.  He keeps going about how many good US manufacturers were put out
of business by the Korean brands who would just keep dropping  their prices
until it happened.  He gets very emotional about this, almost as if he lost
a family member to the war or was even in it himself.  When I filter out his
emotions I am left with some questions.

I do think Samicks are a good value and can become a halfway decent piano
with A LOT of work.  I think Young Changs are even better but his words sure
do give me pause.

Glenn.