Samicks pianos

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@imap2.asu.edu
Thu, 24 Sep 1998 21:15:46 -0700 (MST)

Hi to everyone:

I've noticed a bit of bashing of the Samick lately. I just thought I'd
put in a plug for them. For those of you who remember the horrible Horugel,
They've come a long way baby. Actually I tuned a Console (Continental style)
last week. It was quite a nice piano. Great duration in the treble. Clean
sound. I was quite pleased.

I used to sell a piano made by them back in the 80's. I was amazed even then
at the great duration (even with a laminated soundboard).

Sometimes a manufacturer will make their hammers especially hard thinking
that this is what the public wants. It usually takes awhile for them to
get enough feedback to want to make a change. Eventually, the market will
drive them to improvements. The reaction time is just so slow.

Jim Coleman, sr.