Sticking centers again

Mike Masters agraffes@worldnet.att.net
Fri, 25 Sep 1998 00:10:08 -0400

Just repinned a set of jacks on a three year old Samick built DH
Baldwin. Ive had problems with this piano for a year and a half except
for the nine jacks I repinned on the first visit. Tried alcohol water,
Baldwin recommended silicon naptha, neither worked. Ended up repinning
the whole set. It only takes a couple of hours and the manufacturer was
easy to work with. Just call them for authorization.

In your situation, I would try a 50/50 alcohol(Iuse denatured)/water. If
it doesn't work, I don't think I would waste time on it, especially with
that many sticking. Just repin it.

Mike Masters
Masters Piano Service
Lakewood, OH