Kranich and Bach Plate Crack

Les Smith lessmith@buffnet.net
Sat, 26 Sep 1998 12:04:01 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 26 Sep 1998, Richard Moody wrote:

> To put it bluntly, this is a defective design.

I assume that you're talking about the whole piano here, not just the
plate.  If so, I think that criticism is unjustified. Affter all,
K&B did have an attractive fallboard decal. People who restore old cars
professionally, don't waste their talents on a '72 Pinto, or '74 Vega.
It takes no more time or effort and is far more financially rewarding
to work on something of higher quality, rathr than a piano which was
suitable for being pictured on a bag of Purina Dog Chow the day it was
made. While it may be true that Kranich once worked at Steinway, he
was certainly fired for sleeping on the job! :)

Les Smith