Dampchaser Corner-cutter

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Sat, 26 Sep 1998 15:32:29

>A question on Dampp-Chaser installation. Has anyone left the registering
>thermometer/hygrometer unit in the piano, for say a week, as a method of
>confirming that the location of the humidistat is correct?
>Regards,
>John M. Ross
>Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada

I did, in Colorado, in an old upright which had had a real stability problem.
It was in a converted garage with just some carpet between it and the old
cement slab. (I was there visiting my sister.)

I left the little thermo-hygro unit ("the weather station" I call it) in
the piano over a weekend, to be sure the unit was turning on and off correctly
and doing its stuff.

I forget the figures, but they seemed okay at the time. Conditions were
quite stable between night and day. I've been told that the tuning held
much better through the change of seasons, as well.

It didn't have the water tank, however. Colorado is too steadily dry to
need to add water. It just had the dehumidifier rod and the humidistat.

Susan

Susan Kline
P.O. Box 1651
Philomath, OR 97370