SAT 111

RptBob1@AOL.COM RptBob1@AOL.COM
Sat, 26 Sep 1998 19:23:41 EDT

<< The RCT will never be able to compete with the compactness, and battery
 life of the SAT. As I have stated before, you can't view the RCT
 Powerbook from dead ahead on all pianos. If I have to twist to see, I
 end up with sore muscles and kinks.
 One other thing, can a powerbook take the accidental drop test? I know
 the SAT can.
 Regards,
 John M. Ross

If I might add my 3cents worth: when going to Florida last Winter, I took with
me a laptop computor.  It was stored with lots of spongy material, in the
trunk of the car . When we arrived 4 days after leaving Ohio, we found the
computor screen had been damaged.  It had not been dropped, nor been subjected
to unusual heat variations.  It was carefully and securely packed- and yet it
failed.  The manufacturer at first refused to honor any warranty and wanted
-gasp- $850.00 to replace the screen.  After much communication back and
forth, he agreed to replace the screen at no cost to us.

My question is how much jostling can these screens really take in an in -and
-out -of the- carrying case situation which occurs 4-5 times every day (that
you are working).
 Has anyone ruined a screen on the job and if so what coverage did you have
and what satisfaction did you recieve form the supplier?

Bob Bergantino,RPT
South Euclid, Ohio