Geez! Enough already (SAT-RCT-BSOAS)

David Porritt dporritt@swbell.net
Sun, 27 Sep 1998 09:50:41 -0500

Michiel:

You'll love TuneLab as it does _not_ have an automatic tuning generator.  This
requires that you really look at the scale of the piano and make a tuning that
fits.  I just created a tuning for the Yamaha GH1.  This piano has a really
tough area from B2 - E3.  If a program just measures all the As of the piano and
makes assumptions about the scale, it will miss this critical area.  Also the
inharmonicity of F3 is quasi normal so the FAC measurements don't take this area
into consideration either.  (I had an SAT, and the tuning it created was fine
for the GH1 except for B2 - E3 which was pretty bad.)  With TuneLab, the tools
are there to work around in aural fashion and create a good tuning for any
piano.

Check it out, the price is right!

I also like having all my records with me on the computer.  I've never run the
battery all the way down.  Most all places have a plug close to the piano.  I
have a long extension cord for places like a stage.  I wondered about battery
life before I bought my Toshiba, but it has been a non-problem.

dave

--

David M. Porritt, RPT
Meadows School of the Arts