SAT II Anybody? Aprentice Piano Tuner

DGPEAKE@AOL.COM DGPEAKE@AOL.COM
Sun, 27 Sep 1998 16:20:19 EDT

<<
 There are no Aural teachers around here.
 When you tune aurally Do you start with middle C or with A4?
 I do the temperment F3 to F4 so I start with middle C.

 Any suggestions on how I can become a better aural tuner?
 How much does it cost to take the PTG test??
 Where can I do it ?
 Would I have to travel far?
 I am in Tx

 Any comments would be greatly Aprreciated gentlemen of the Gulid.

You may want to purchase Randy Potter's course.  He takes in cassettes of your
tuning process and gives pointers to help.  Cost of PTG test is $90 for
tuning, $90 for
technical, and no cost for written.  Your closest chapter may have a test
center, or you many if the regional conferences and all of the national
conferences offer both the tuning and technical exams.  Written exam must be
taken and passed first.

Hope this helps,

Dave Peake, RPT