Kranich and Bach Plate Crack

Les Smith lessmith@buffnet.net
Mon, 28 Sep 1998 21:20:23 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 28 Sep 1998, Michael Jorgensen wrote:

> Les Smith wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, 26 Sep 1998, Richard Moody wrote:
> >
> > People who restore old cars
> > professionally, don't waste their talents on a '72 Pinto, or '74 Vega.
>
> Wait a minute,  Didn't Del, one of the alpha pianopersons on this list
> once rebuild a Brambach just to see what could be done with it?? or am I
> remembering wrong?
>
> -Mike Jorgensen

Alpha-persons are made, not born, or, to put it another way, if its
true that we learn from our mistakes, the brightest, most learned,
most successful of us, is he who had made the most of them! Witness
Edison's words after two THOUSAND failed attempts at developing the
electric lightbulb: I know know two theousand ways it CAN'T be done!
Exactly. I thoroughly agree with your assessment of Del's contribu-
tions to this list. As you would expect from a top-notch professional's
interminable inquiries into the mysteries of piano construction, Del's
eventually led him to a perfect assessment of the Brambach's value as
a musical instrument and an understanding of how to best put it to
use. Ask him about the out-door sign advertising his business! :)

Les Smith--continuing to learn every day!