Sticking centers again

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 01:47:03 -0500

Felt expands when gains moisture.  It shrinks as it looses moisture.  Wood
does the same thing. BUT, I believe wood reacts to moisture in the way it
was "cured", or "dried"
I cannot prove this, but a hunch tells me that wood when "dried" very fast
such as in kiln drying, reacts to moisture changes more rapidly and
radically than wood cured in the traditional manner which I understand is
up to six years in drying yards, or pens or areas not subject to
artificial heat or dry air.

Richard Moody