Kranich and Bach Bashers Beware!

Tue, 29 Sep 1998 07:42:59 -0700

Michael Jorgensen wrote:

> To Les and the rest,
> . . . .  At first
> glance this piano appears to be a PSO with its' thin case, no duplex
> scale, and lack of agraffs.

Why is it that so many technicians equate the lack of a 'duplex scale' with poor
piano design?  Especially considering all of the string problems that they
struggle with that result from this design, I find this more than passing
strange.  There is gathering evidence that the tuned duplex scale contributes
far more problems that it solves.  If all other elements of a given design are
equal, the piano without the tuned duplex scale -- but with somewhat sharper
string termination angles -- will have better power and sustain and fewer
obnoxious string noises.

> . . . .  K&B won style awards for thier
> sleek pianos  The narrow small action cavity necessitated a highly
> compressed unique action which had problems.

How much room is available between the keybed and the bottom of the
pinblock/stretcher?

Del