Dampp-Chaser grumblings...an end of the week tale

Roger Wheelock roger@dampp-chaser.com
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 14:16:35 -0400

Rob Kiddell posted recently regarding challenges in installing the new =
Dampp-Chaser humidistat with the attached (hard-wired) LED light panel.  =
We intend to address this issue more completely in our next company =
newsletter but for now we would like to provide the following =
information.
=20
Rob's comment is not the first complaint we have received about the =
plugless system.  We started our design with plugs but switched to a =
hard-wired unit because less than adequate reliability was provided with =
plugs.  The current humidistat with the attached LED light panel is much =
more reliable than the plug type system despite it being more time =
consuming to install.
=20
Related to Rob's comment is our concern about the existence of grand =
pianos where the warning light probe assembly will not fit between the =
top of the beam and the soundboard.  In the Technical Briefs found in =
our last newsletter (Piano Climate Control Update Vol. 4 No. 1 mailed at =
the end of June) we asked for anyone who had encountered such a =
situation to give us a call at 1-800-438-1524.  We never received any =
calls so we felt this wasn't a significant concern.  If anyone else has =
encountered this problem, please give us a call or email us at =
piano@dampp-chaser.com.
=20
If you missed our newletter or are not on our mailing list please let us =
know.  We provide a lot of information that you would likely find =
valuable.
=20
Roger Wheelock, VP
Dampp-Chaser