SAT III

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 18:12:36 EDT

<< Yes. That is also one of the reasons I got the new SATIII. I am having a
 little difficulty with it, but Paul is going to fix it.

 Willem Blees

 Wim, this is the sort of thing I would be interested in hearing. What's
 the problem? I don't think Inventronics will be embarrassed. I presume
 they're going to overcome the difficulty. I hope that the problem will
 be rectified by the time my machine comes off the assembly line, but it
 would be useful info for those of us who are on the waiting list for SAT
 IIIs.

 I would also like to hear your positive comments. What is it about the
 SAT III that is an improvement over the previous model in your
 experience so far? This should also be of interest to those first time
 prospective buyers of ANY edt.

 Bob Anderson
 Tucson, AZ >>

The problem is how fast the next note is recognized by the machine. I have
been using a thumb switch,  and I am used to having my next note the second
I'm ready for it. As has just been explained to me by Jim Sr., the machine
takes a little longer to recongnize the frequency of the bass notes, so it
takes about 5 or 6 seconds to switch. I was having to wait about 6 - 9
seconds, not only in the bass, but also in the  treble. That was the first
time I used the machine. Now that I  have used it a few times, the middle goes
a little faster, but it is inconsistent. Sometimes I only wait 1 second, other
times I have to wait 4 or 5 seconds. There is also a longer wait in the high
treble. Paul has promised me a new machine with a better program that will
speed things up.

Ohter than that, because I am not a sophisticated SAT user, everything else is
like the other models. All I do is normal tunings and pitch raises. I probably
will not use any of the historical temperament and I most likely, until I
learn more about it, not use the machine's ability to change stretches in the
temperament. Eventually I will use the built in tuning exam, since I am a CTE.

I bought the SAT III because I needed a second machine. Since this was the
latest version, and costs only a few hundred dollars more, I thought I would
be a good investment. The fact that it can do all of the things it can do,
that it is much smaller and lighter than the SAT II, and that the battery
lasts twice as long, are all features that are just nice to have. If anyone is
in the market to buy a SAT, either for the first time, or as an upgrade, or as
a second machine, I would recommend the SAT III.

I used the RCT during the tuning exams this summer, and they are very nice. If
I had a lap top computer already, I would have considered getting the
programs. But one of the draw back I see is the size. Carying around another
10 lbs, and finding a place to put the lap top, should be something one should
consider when looking at the RCT.

Just my opinion.

Wim