Dampp-Chaser grumblings...an end of the week tale

Rob Kiddell atonal@telusplanet.net
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 22:43:37 -0600

From:           	"Roger Wheelock" <roger@dampp-chaser.com>
To:             	<pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject:        	re: Dampp-Chaser grumblings...an end of the week tale
Date sent:      	Tue, 29 Sep 1998 14:16:35 -0400
Send reply to:  	pianotech@ptg.org

> Rob Kiddell posted recently regarding challenges in installing the new Dampp-Chaser humidistat with the attached (hard-wired) LED light panel.  We intend to address this issue more completely in our next company newsletter but for now we would like to provide the following information.
>
> Rob's comment is not the first complaint we have received about the plugless system.  We started our design with plugs but switched to a hard-wired unit because less than adequate reliability was provided with plugs.  The current humidistat with the attached LED light panel is much more
reliable than the plug type system despite it being more time consuming to install.

> Related to Rob's comment is our concern about the existence of grand pianos where the warning light probe assembly will not fit between the top of the beam and the soundboard.  In the Technical Briefs found in our last newsletter (Piano Climate Control Update Vol. 4 No. 1 mailed at the end of
June) we asked for anyone who had encountered such a situation to give us a call at 1-800-438-1524.  We never received any calls so we felt this wasn't a significant concern.  If anyone else has encountered this problem, please give us a call or email us at piano@dampp-chaser.com.

> If you missed our newletter or are not on our mailing list please let us know.  We provide a lot of information that you would likely find valuable.
>
> Roger Wheelock, VP
> Dampp-Chaser

	Roger,

	Thank you for your note regarding my rambling story, I didn't
mean to take it out on your company so hard!! I've done around 125
Dampp Chaser installs over the last 3 years, and the last one was
definitely the toughest I've done, for a number of reasons...

I am on your mailing list, and have published Dampp-Chaser news
in my newsletter for the Canadian Association of Piano
Technicians... however, I was unaware of the 1-800 number for
concerns with the new system. Let me state for the record that on
Baldwin 7' (and 9', although I haven't installed a system on one) the
clearance is tight, and the old plug system works well for these
installs.

In any event, I still remain a fan of DC systems, just a combination
of unfortunate circumstances caused me to lose it on the last job.

	Regards,

Rob Kiddell, RPT
atonal@telusplanet.net

"Password incorrect