Dampp-Chaser grumblings...

Rob Kiddell atonal@telusplanet.net
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 22:43:37 -0600

> I have only done two installations with the new LED panel. After the
> first one, my comments echo Rob Kiddell's. I happened to get one of the
> very first units, which were incompatible with the Smart Heater Bar. So
> I only discovered this after I had installed the whole thing. Then I had
> to undo a lot of stuff to get the 'stat out to return to Dampp-Chaser.
> The second one was less of a problem. For future reference, you might
> want to route the LED panel from the 'stat UNDER beams, instead of OVER
> beams, if there is a clearance problem. There are clearly a few changes
> we will have to make in installation procedures with all this stuff
> irrevocably attached to the 'stat. I am willing to live with that and
> give the new system a chance. The benefits may outweigh the problems.
>
> My condolences, Rob, for your aggravating experience. But we piano
> technicians need these patience testers periodically to keep us on the
> line, que no?

	Right, patience... how long will that take to learn?!? 8-)

	Actually, I thought of routing the cable under the beams, but it
just seems sloppy. Baldwin grand #2 definitely proved that point,
the install looked stapled to the underside of the piano, not a
professional look at all! To be fair, I have installed hard-wired DC
units on other grands without the clearance problem, but I still
needed some finesse to get the components where I wanted them.
That whole story was just the end of a looooooong day.

	Ah well, we adapt...

	Regards,

Rob Kiddell, RPT
atonal@telusplanet.net