Key Dip

David Renaud studiorenaud@qc.aibn.com
Wed, 01 Dec 1999 19:36:08 -0800

Yes indeed, 15 mm is far too much.

If you change dip that much to correct it you must readjust checking.
If the aftertouch is really OK with 15mm dip then you must have a
whopping
amount of blow distance, and it should be reduced first, then you will
find
far too much aftertouch. If the blow is corrected, you will be able to
reduce
the key dip and be left with good aftertouch.

They are interrelated, it is unavoidable.
Sounds like a full regulation to me.

Sometimes we run across a previous technicians work where a few things
were adjusted and look great, but fundamental elements of the regulation

were skipped over. If the foundation is bad everything that follows has
to be redone. There is a reason for the order of steps in regulation.

Cheers
                                                                    Dave
Renaud
                                                                     RPT