[Fwd: PTG Member Survey Now "Up"]

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 14:36:46 -0600

">Well... I am a member... at least I believe paying my dues and being an I.C.
>makes me a member...where do I find out if I am not eligible for such.
>No big deal really... just like to participate.
>Richard Brekne
>I.C.P.T.G.

Actually, Richard, you might want to familiarize yourself with the concept
of being an "International Correspondent" (I.C.).  See Article VI,
Nonmember Participation, of the Piano Technicians Guild (PTG) Bylaws,
Regulations & Codes, page 5, which states in part,

An "International Correspondent" is a person who lives outside of the PTG
jurisdiction (see Section D, Article VIII, Jurisdiction and Transfer, pages
5 & 6) as described in these Bylaws but who wishes to maintain contact with
the field of piano service and technology through a continuing relationsip
with PTG.  Application for such a nonmember affiliation must be made
through the Home Office with approval by the International Relations
Committee..."

This is the situation as it currently stands.  You should have this
information, since it mentions I.C.s' receive the Journal and other PTG
mailings.

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731