Soundboard backposts ??

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Thu, 02 Dec 1999 21:19:35 +0100

Del... As usual you are up to your informative best.. many thanks indeed. I had
no idea that anything like this had ever been serioiusly considered. Food for
thought as far as it goes.

I am wondering about one thing tho.. You mention that solid posts would mean
that the strings would be required to move the back posts (beams) as well as the
sound board to produce any energy (sound). Just how big an effect would a few
square inches over the whole of the soundboard have ?? Wouldnt the rest of the
board be free to vibrate.... and wouldnt energy take the path of least
resistance ??

These are at least the jist of the arguments presented to me by my counterpart
in this discussion we had, (are still having..grin) And I am not informed...well
enough read, nor experienced to authoritivly counter these. If you have the
time... grin..

Thanks again Del..

Richard Brekne
I.C.P.T.G.  N.P.T.F.
Grin.. Now Head Technician for the University of Bergen (patting myself on the
shoulder a bit)
Bergen, Norway