Double Trouble (was re: What to Patent)

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Sat, 04 Dec 1999 18:20:20 -0800

Thanks, Clark, for all the interesting information. I'll look for the book
by Rosamond Harding. The point about members of the violin family having
disappointing tone when plucked is very well taken. It might have been better
to use the guitar as a model for a better acoustic system. Better yet, compare
where the violin and the guitar differ, and find out why the guitar has
better tone and sustain when plucked.

I assume that Maccaferri's Selmer guitars with the double back have improved
tone because the second back prevents the first from being damped by contact
with the player? ... the same reason we hold tuning forks by the very end.

Regards,

Susan