1911 Steinway finish touch up

Jerry Hunt piano_tunertx@yahoo.com
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 13:33:37 -0800 (PST)

I'm schedule to tune a 1911 Steinway next week. The
customer also wants a quote on repairing scratches on
the fallboard (you know, the fingernail variety). The
piano has a mahogany finish. I would appreciate any
input on what type of finish (i.e. shellac or
whatever) it's likely to have so that I can repair it
accordingly. Any other helpful hints would also be
much appreciated. She wants to avoid disturbing the
decal (this is the original, genuine Steinway
decal...:o).

Jerry Hunt
Associate member PTG
Dallas, TX