Perfect Pitch

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 09:34:26 +0100

Of course there would be a big problem with this definition if, for
example, "perfect pitch" was demonstrated in a very young person who had
never heard any music at all. Which probably has been done... grin. We keep
declaring so many facts about issues there is far from adequate research
on. Fact is it is not certain that perfect pitch has anything to do with
memory at all, tho it is certain that there is also something often refered
to as "pitch memory". Fact is we just dont know enough about these matters
yet to give any difinitive answer.

Richard Brekne
I.C.P.T.G.  N.P.T.F.
Bergen, Norway