Perfect whistlers

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@imap2.asu.edu
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 01:56:56 -0700 (MST)

Hi Bob:

One of my now deceased customers travelled the concert circuit many years
ago and was noted for this same ability to whistle two lines of music at
the same time. He was also a noted composer, having composed "Sweet
Little Jesus Boy, Didn't Know Who You Was". He also wrote "Shadrack, Mesheck
Abednego", "Joshua Fit the Battle of Jericho" and many other "Negro
Spirituals". He was born in Louisiana and spent a lot of time learning
their singing styles. I once did a concert at my church where I performed
two of his compositions. I have these on audio tape from one of my
performances along with about 20 other songs.

Robert McGimsey was his name.

Jim Coleman, Sr.