hogwash tunings

Joel Jones jajones2@FACSTAFF.WISC.EDU
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 12:44:24 -0600

Hi Matthew and Jim:
I have also noted that musicians in charge of a collection of pianos have a
tendency to tune their own pianos less often.  How many times have you
encountered the comment 'Oh, I should have you come and tune my piano at
home'. After the calendar comes out we often end with 'I'll get back with
you later when the.......'
	Being married to a piano teacher puts me in the  precarious
position of  keeping our own  piano in tolderable tune.  The cobler's kids
syndrome makes me understand the dilemna folks face with a tuning  routine.
My wife has so many -round toits-  that it's a wonder I still have a happy
home to hang my hat.
	The should :    Write it in the schedule book.  It's  hard for me
and the teacher to ignore the entry.   If it's just out there  and I should
do it,  well.......       Make a firm date.   Put it in INK !
Joel