Knabe grand

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 20:19:45 EST

tunenbww@clear.lakes.com writes:

<< List
 I tuned a Knabe Grand and broke a bicord string. This piano shows a history
of string breakage at random across the scale
 (to date 6 places).
 The first tuning I did 6 months ago I broke a string just above the break.
The piano has a very steep rise from the agraffs. Its at A440. I can't see
any reason for the problem. Is this typical of Knabe grands of this vintage,
or is it just this one. I have tuned 2 or 3 over the years, and one for a
different client once a year for several years. Any clues?

 Paul Chick
 Plainview MN >>

What vintage?  New, or 20 years or older?

Willem