Scarves

Mark Dierauf mark@nhpianos.com
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 08:44:26 -0500

Ken -

  We recently delivered a rebuilt piano to a customer who insisted that =
it go back into the same bay window where it had been bathed in sunlight =
for the last 20 or more years. As you might imagine, the old finish had =
pretty much fallen off the spine and lid, where it had been in the =
direct sunlight. Since the rebuild included refinishing and she didn't =
want the same thing to happen again, she found a local outfit that =
applied a clear, stick-on coating that's supposed to block UV rays. I'm =
not sure what it's called, but his business card says that he's an =
authorized dealer for "Madico Products". I've also heard from another =
customer that Anderson Windows offers similar stick-on or paint-on UV =
blockers. Maybe somebody else on the list has direct experience with =
some of these products

- Mark