First Tunelab experience (aural variant)

Dorothy A. Bell dabell58@earthlink.net
Sat, 18 Dec 1999 17:58:06 -0500

Dear List,
Brian's experience with his concert tunings and attempts to remediate
them with the Tunelab reminded me of my first concert tuning experience
this summer -- I was at "opera camp" in upper New York state, tuning for
a piano-coaching staff of 10 people, and every single one of them wanted
the piano tuned differently -- single clean bass octaves for one, double
clean bass octaves for another, 6:3 octaves for others -- I certainly
"learned by doing" that a clean double bass octave will not sound good
when played as two singles, and you can't have them both ways --
Good luck, Brian --
Dorrie Bell
Associate Member, PTG