Perfect Pitch Revisited... LONG

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 09:44:23 EST

In a message dated 12/21/99 7:30:34 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Schteev@flash.net (Steven Lewis) writes:

<< I thought you might all find this interesting. >>

This was indeed *very* interesting reading.  Many of her observations seem to
match my own.  As a young child, I always knew one note from the other
without even making any effort at that.  It seems only natural to me.  Still,
the idea of "perfect pitch" is not something I ever discuss at any length.  I
usually just say, "There really is no such thing as "perfect pitch".

But I sometimes get those who challenge that statement with something like,
"Well, my daughter has it".  I usually just try to change the subject.

Thanks for posting it, however, because it says it all better than I have
heard it said by anyone else.

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin