Liberace tuner

Pianotoone@AOL.COM Pianotoone@AOL.COM
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 19:42:03 EST

In a message dated 2/1/99 5:22:45 PM Eastern Standard Time, magraham@bw.edu
writes:

<< I tuned for Liberace and Ferrante & Teicher in the 80's. I worked for the
 Baldwin dealer in town. No problems. Liberace didn't care a bit as long as
 it was tuned. Ferrante & Teicher were wonderful, and very appreciative. I
 was amazed that they were actually top-notch musicians. I had assumed
 because of their pop repertoire that they might not be.

 Mark Graham
 Cleveland, Ohio >>
Most musicians with the technical ability of Ferrante/Teischer, Liberace,
Benny Goodman etc. whether their venue is popular music or jazz have had
classical training.  No I'm not talking about C&W although some of them have
also.  i.e. Chet Atkins

I once heard Homer (from Homer and Jethro) play some absolutely beautiful
classical guitar music and then blow the audience away with some fire-
breathin' jazz.

Best

Dick Day
Marshall MI