Steinway S

jennfee@ibm.net jennfee@ibm.net
Thu, 04 Feb 1999 12:58:58 -0500

I was tuning a 1920 Steinway S reproducing piano yesterday and had quite
a difficult time setting the pins/strings. The tuning sounded fine when
I finished but it took me quite a lot more time than I would usually
take for a tuning.
Any words of advice for someone who hasn't had a lot of experience with
these pianos? Is it because there are no pin bushings?
I would also be interested in any thougts on the value of this
instrument. Everything seems to be in excellent condition,including the
player mechanism.

Thanks in advance,

Dale Davidson
Ottawa, Ont.