Steinway S

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Fri, 5 Feb 1999 02:12:06 -0600

> >I was tuning a 1920 Steinway S reproducing piano yesterday
>
> The Steinway Model S (5' 1") was introduced in 1936. Perhaps this was an

> M, normally 5'7"?
>
> Kent

The  Steinway Duo-Arts had different designations, if I remember, with two
letters. Does anyone have those along with the styles and sizes? They must
be listed somewhere. Bill Shull mentioned two models.  Is this it?

"The M reproducer was usually denoted "XR", and the O reproducer "OR".  I
do
not know what the S reproducer was called.  The L came out in 1923, but
the
reproducer continued to be the "OR", if I remember right."

Richard Moody