Green chalk on Steinway keyframe

Lance Lafargue lafargue@iamerica.net
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 16:51:42 -0600

I am working on a 1913 model O Steinway with_lots_of bright green
chalk-like
powder on the keyframe and I was reviewing a post Dick Powell made months
ago about it possibly being arsenic.  Does anyone else know anything about
that?  How can I tell?  How would you remove this stuff?  What are
side-effects of arsenic, besides death?  Would it help grow my hair back?
I am totally replacing keybed felt and action to rebuild piano.  I don't
want to start blowing with air hose or mopping it up without checking with
you.  Thanks.

LANCE LAFARGUE, RPT
LAFARGUE PIANO SERVICES
New Orleans Chapter
Mandeville, LA.
II III II III II III II III II III II III II III II III II III II
lafargue@iamerica.net