Integrated floor heating

adkpiano adkpiano@breathemail.net
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 10:34:19 -0000

Hello Wim,
I think I know exactly what you are describing .. 'under floor heating'..
having worked for a while in Deutchland I am aware of the tremendous damage
it can cause .. this heating seems popular in central europe but ,
thankfully , it's not common in the UK.
Fitting the damp chaser - full system is a part of a solution . I remember
we would also make a small platform for the piano - lay down some MDF panels
. Betwean these panels and the floor lay a layer of aluminium foil .
Although this is not a cure but direct heat is dispersed away from the
instrument and seems to do the job OK .
Then fit fit full Dampchaser system..
Then send large invoice..

Greetings from an equally cold Scotland
Alan
adkpiano@breathemail.net

Hi list,
What can l do to protect a piano against the damaging effect of heating
witch is integrated in the floor (l dont know the correct English word for
it ). l was hoping you all could help me with this problem.
Thanks in advance,
Best regards,

Wim Vermeyen
Wim's Piano Service