Conference topic

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 09:39:27 EST

In a message dated 2/12/99 1:34:19 PM !!!First Boot!!!, WallyTS@compuserve.com
writes:

<< Are male piano technicians more likely to loose their wives than men in
 other occupations? Seems like I have heard from a large number of PTs in
 the last couple of months about this, or maybe I'm just now more in tune
 with the topic because I lost mine.

 Anyway, someone might want to investigate this topic and do a seminar at
 one of the conventions entitled: "You CAN be a piano technician and also be
 happily married." (Or maybe you CAN'T.)

 Any observations from some of the female piano technicians?

 Wally S.

I don't think being a piano tuner has anything to do with the divorce
situation. I think it has to with the fact that there are more male piano
tuners than female piano tuners. This mean the law of averages will indicate
that more male piano tuners are going to be divorced than female piano tuners.

I might add, that perhaps being a piano tuner might keep help keep a marriage
together more than the average. Because we are self employed, we have the
opportunity to take a day off when the need arises. Jan and I have been
married for 32 years, and I know of a lot of very happily married couples in
the Guild. On the other hand, I also know of several divorced piano tuners.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Wim Blees