Integrated floor heating

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 09:40:23 EST

 wim.debby@village.uunet.be writes:

>What can l do to protect a piano against the damaging effect of heating
>
>witch is integrated in the floor (l dont know the correct English word
>for
>it ). l was hoping you all could help me with this problem.

     The commercial response is a humidification system.  The home-rememdy I
have seen work is A couple of large, shallow, copper trays, filled with plants
that must be kept watered should be placed on the floor near the piano.  An
Angel Hair or a Bird's Nest fern is to the piano what a canary is to the coal
miner.
(no,  I am not sitting around listening to my houseplants!(:)}}
Regards,
Ed Foote