Conference topic

Fri, 12 Feb 1999 08:42:22 -0600

Wally S.,

At 08:17 2/12/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Are male piano technicians more likely to loose their wives than men in
>other occupations?

I wondered the same thing when I went through mine.

One problem piano technician spice seem to have is coming to grips with the
concept that, while you may both be in the same room and your alleged
significant other is speaking, _you_ may not be listening. they don't
realise that hearing and listening are entirely different things.

They don't seem to realise that eye contact must be made before any hope of
communication.  This seems to be because we technicians have cultivated our
powers of concentration to the task at hand to such a high degree.

What chance do the dulcet tones of your beloved spouse have in getting
through to you who all day have to (and are being paid to) ignore vacuums,
TVs, radios, air conditioners, traffic, pets, rug rats, construction, bad
flourescent ballasts, conversations, dishwashers, etc., etc., etc.???

Conrad
- Three years of being able to afford clothes for _me_.