warped nameboard strip

j kazanjian jkazanjian@hotmail.com
Sun, 14 Feb 1999 17:27:32 PST

Dear list,

      Recently I serviced a Chickering console where the nameboard strip
was bowed in the center and the sharps were knocking on it. It was only
anchored to the cheek blocks,with no anchor in the middle of the
keyboard. I tried moving the postion of the screws in the cheek blocks,
but I don't have to much room to play.The sharps still knock in the
middle of the keyboard.I'm at a loss on how to fix this problem. Any
ideas.? Thanks
                         Judy Kazanjian
                         associate{soon to be RPT}
                         Reading-Lancaster Chapter