Drill Press

Alan McCoy amccoy@icehouse.net
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 19:19:33 -0800

At 01:04 PM 2/15/1999 +0000, you wrote:
>I am in the market for a drill press.  I have a bench
>model/Delta that doesn't have the throat depth for hammer boring
>with Wally's jig and a cross-vice.  Would Delta be the way to go
>in a floor model?
>
>Thanks in advance
>David Ilvedson, RPT
>Pacifica, CA
>ilvey@jps.net

David, If throat depth is your only problem you can still get a bench model
with adequate throat depth. I use my Jet drill press bench model JDP-14M (which
is mounted on a stand so at first glance looks like a floor model) for hammer
boring using Wally's jig, for hammer shaping, key planing etc. I am sure there
are plenty of other brands out there with kind of throat you are needing. The
Jet though has been a good tool.
---Alan McCoy
amccoy@icehouse.net
Spokane, WA