Broken action screw

Clyde Hollinger cedel@redrose.net
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 06:54:00 -0500

Marnie:

If I recall correctly, the plate often doesn't have a hole big enough to
put another screw beside the broken stub, as has been suggested.  I
eventually learned about, and found, a tool designed to remove the
stub.  (Until then, I didn't do anything at all.)  Usually it's not too
difficult to do.  Then the new screw can go into the original hole.

I had more trouble getting Baldwin (Wurlitzer) to send me the right
screw!  Nothing approaching that size is available in local hardware
stores.

Clyde Hollinger