Coleman vs Coleman Tuneoff

Larry J. Messerly prescottpiano@juno.com
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 18:30:03 -0700

Jim, I think you enjoy opening a can of worms and tweaking our noses.  I
accept it because I know that you are doing so for our own good and to
show us our myopic view of the world.

As far as the temperment test of the PTG exam goes, yes it is tough.
What I think that it tests is our ability to hear and to control the
string. This is in my opinion the value of this test.

I have no doubt that many of my daily tunings would not pass the exam.  I
also know that it is much more important for me to work on my unisons and
octave clarity and that this is what most of my clients notice.  For them
they also get a little work on the stuff they would never pay for like
capstain adjustment, minor voicing, let-off, etc.  Just a little every
time will make a difference.

For the Clients that do need a better temperment than the average, the
extra time is spent working on that temperment. (Even with the SAT)

Larry Messerly RPT
Phoenix/Prescott
A Real "Bald-one"

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]