Drill Press

Tom Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 18:33:22 -0700

David ilvedson wrote:

> I am in the market for a drill press.  I have a bench
> model/Delta that doesn't have the throat depth for hammer boring
> with Wally's jig and a cross-vice.  Would Delta be the way to go
> in a floor model?

David,

I have a Delta table model type (32" Radial drill press, Model 11-090),
which has a movable horizontal column so that you can adjust the throat
depth (up to 16"). I got rid of my floor model because it was such an
awkward thing to wrestle with (neighboring tools tending to be in the
way in my tiny shop). My plan is to build a mobile base, like my table
saw's...

But I digress. The main reason I bought it was because of the throat
depth. I can now drill a pin block without turning the plank around part
way through the job.

Tom
--
Thomas A. Cole, RPT