This is very strange.

Ted Simmons ted@brevard.net
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 21:43:26 -0500

That's very true, Wim.  A while ago I received a call from a lady who
wanted her piano tuned on a Wednesday while her husband was away on a
business trip.  I found out that he had "tuned" the piano using a set of
tuning forks and while he thought it was good, she didn't.  He didn't play
the piano.  She didn't want to upset her husband so while he was away on a
business trip she had a tuner in and her husband will probably be none the
wiser.  I wonder why it never occurred to anyone that if tuning a piano was
as simple as using 12 tuning forks then why don't the tuners do it that
way?

Ted Simmons
Merritt Island, FL