Mysterious after ring.

Michael Jorgensen Michael.Jorgensen@cmich.edu
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 07:23:21 -0500

Hi Patrick,
     This list has covered about everything regarding ringing dampers
except perhaps sypathetic vibration from a source other than the piano.
Are there any other instruments in the room with open strings? A
grandfather clock perhaps?  I once had a complaint about ringing dampers
on a concert grand which was actually a pedal rod holding dampers off
the strings on an upright down below in the pit.  Such sounds can be
deceiving.
Good Luck
-Mike Jorgensen