Broken action screw

Marvin McDonald pianomarv@earthlink.net
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 20:28:10 -0800

Marnie,
You can purchase the tool you need from Schaff Piano Supply.  It is on page
16 of their tool catalog
and the tool is called the  "Wurlitzer Screw Extractor".  The number is 74
and the cost is $7.75 plus
shipping and handleing.  I have had that tool save my bacon several times
and it works great.

Make sure you have some replacement screws and when you install the new
screw put either some
V-J Lube (McCall Enterprises) or ProTeck Multi-Purpose Lub (Pianotek Supply
Company) on the
threads of the new screw I might suggest that you remove the other screws
and apply the lubricant
to them as well.

----Marvin McDonald
Allegro Piano Service