Number of the rib

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 23:26:19 -0600 (CST)

>Hey Ron,
>
>As you know some techs are best advised to start at the bottom and work
>their way to the top while others should start at the top and sink
>slowly to the bottom. Why not do as I do and give them names instead of
>numbers. Some systems I have tried are solfiege (sp?) Do, Ra, Me … Or
>Santa's rain deer, The first 13 Presidents or State capitals in
>alphabetical order. If you must use numbers how about making it a bit
>less tedious and use roman numerals, cubes 1, 8, 27, 64,,,  Primes are
>good and my favorite and new shop standard the Riven numerals.
>
>Hope this helps,
>
>JH

Grumpy Sneezy Dopey Bashful Sleepy Happy and Doc, but only on pianos under
five feet. Hmmm... Chinese Year names - Rat, Dog, Horse, etc. Bones in the
foot, Navy Watch designations, Time Zones, Stooges (in groups of three),
Senators (see stooges) in chronological order, Fibonacci numbers, and the
ever popular compound numbers used to generate the Mandelbrot set (let me
reiterate). Now this is a first rate suggestion, allowing nearly unlimited
opportunity for continued confusion, and clearly has vast potential for
industrial and military use, but which rib do you start with, Grumpy, or the
square root of minus one?

OK John, I'll bite, what's a Riven number? Is it like "Quoth the Riven,
never four"? (groan)

 Ron