where do you all find the time?

Frank Cahill fcahill@erols.com
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 16:37:20 -0500

Greg Newell wrote:

> Valued list,
>         I must ask, in my ignorance, where you all find the time?  I
> cleared off all messages last night (2:00am).  When I logged on today at
> about 2:00 pm there were over 70 messages. I dutifully read them (o.k.
> most of them).  It is now almost 1:00 am and there are 42 new messages I
> just received.  I really just can't see where you all find the time
> unless the major contributors are semi- retired.  Can someone shed some
> light on this. I know I'm not the only one with work to do.
>                                                     Greg Newell

Hi, Greg. I fix pianos and write technical manuals for a high tech
firm.  Depending on the time of year, I work at one job more than the
other. I do all the grocery shopping and all the cooking as well as all
the home repairs.

When my wife is home at night, I'm usually out tuning a piano.  When my
daughter is at school, I'm working on pianos or writing tech manuals.
My free time is from 1pm - 5 pm when my 8 yr old daughter is home.  I'm
always behind in my books. I don't belong to any club or men's group,
don't golf or play softball, and have been out with my wife only 2 times
since September.

In short, I "don't get around much anymore".

Rule #1: don't read all those e-mail messagages....only ones that
interest you.

Rule #2: use the delete button

Can you afford a maid to help out at home? Around here, it's a common
thing, although I don't have a maid. Of course, around here, most people
do not work a 40 hour week...more like 50-60 hours per week.

Today, I'll order a pizza for dinner and make some veggies to go with
it.  It's one way to relax a little. Tonight's appointment was cancelled
so I'll get a break.

Try to do what you must first, then do what you want, then do what can
wait.  It may not help much, but it's better than nothing.
--

Frank Cahill
Associate Member, Piano Technicians Guild