Learning regulation (renamed)

Fri, 19 Feb 1999 21:55:06 -0800

DGPEAKE@AOL.COM wrote:

> The only call I received
> was because my business name was in the ad. My wife picked up the phone and
> they asked my tuning rates.  "Expensive, but do you have holiday rates?"
>
> Like most technicians, this is my busiest tuning time of the year.  Do I need
> to lower my rates to get more work?

For a couple of years during the late 70's we got a rash of these calls.  We
started answering by explaining that no, not if the caller was a regular customer
-- the price would still be $60.00.  Otherwise there would be an additional $20
charge.  We actually got quite a few of the tunings.  Go figure.

Del