Coleman vs Coleman Tuneoff

Leslie W Bartlett lesbart@juno.com
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 18:37:59 -0600

My point being focused on questions in the original post about whether we
are elitists or inclusive.  Who does the Guild want in the group.  It's
my contention that the preponderance of opinion on the list is for an
exclusive group, encouraging only those who've risen to high levels.
That intimidates those on the "outside".   I vote for inclusion.

Those with tens-of-thousands of tunings under their belts easily forget
what it was like when the pressure was on,  and the technique was not up
to that kind of pressure.  I noticed this at the TSA convention when an
unnamed fine technician was asked to tune some unisons as Jim Coleman was
lecturing.  When I asked the tech, later, why he was so slow with them,
knowing his capabilities, he admitted that "pressure" was certainly a
factor.     "Pressure" was a major factor in the tuning test for me, and
I do not think that kind of pressure  contributes positively to
presenting one's best work.

JMO
les bartlett
houstonsp

  Don't come down on Ruth Ann for that. She was representing the ETS
>Committee,
>and this is they came up with, which the Board and Council agreed
>with.
>
>Wim

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]