S&S Capo

btrout@desupernet.net btrout@desupernet.net
Sat, 20 Feb 1999 21:43:05 -0500

Hi David,

For what it's worth, some of the Steinway techs use lacquer on the strings to mute
out some of those unwanted 'harmonics'.  They don't thin it so it's kind of thick,
maybe a little thinner than honey.  Just brush a little onto the 'offender'.  Even
if you use black lacquer, it's almost invisible, (honest).

Just my two cents.

Hope you all are having a great weekend!

Brian T.
Quarryville, Pa.